Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My First Night in Brandy Station

Last night I spent my first night at my new location near Brandy Station, Virginia. It's such a peaceful spot, right in the middle of a patch of evergreens.

My "front yard"
My place is currently a disaster! You know how it is on moving day.

That's my front door in the photo, above, leaning against the tree. And the rainfly is just draped over the tent. Didn't even bother to stake it down, so I hope we don't get any strong winds for a while. I did tie the tent to the platform, but that's about it for now. I need to re-construct my rainfly support, then I'll stake out the tent at the same time I install the rainfly.

A thunderstorm came through about 4:30am this morning. Strongest rain I've experienced so far. Usually the rain will lull me to sleep, but these raindrops were so loud they kept me awake. I couldn't fully close the tent opening either, so there was a small puddle on the floor this morning.

The inside of my tent is even more disorganized than the outside. I've got work to do!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful front yard for sure~ Can you possibly add an RSS feed button to your blog so I can tag it and it will go with the other blogs I follow? I know its the old school way but thats me~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay I think I activated the RSS feed (but please be patient since this is all new to me!) If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the blog you should see a "Subscribe" link. Is that what you were looking for?

      Delete