Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New Kitchen and Bath

If you've ever taken a tour of my home, you've probably noticed that my kitchen and bath were pretty..."campy". My kitchen consisted of a piece of plywood resting between two pine shelves. My bathroom vanity was a piece of plywood on top of two wooden stools. My dump sink was a plastic bucket with a hole cut in the bottom for the drain. And my tent toilet was a plywood box.

Well, not anymore. Last week I put in a new kitchen and bath!

I really love my new stuff! The kitchen is an old wooden baker's table with plenty of storage underneath. I was getting tired of all the clutter on my old kitchen shelves. I still have one of the old shelves for storing food, pots and pans, and glasses and cups, but it's now tucked out of the way behind my closet so it's not such an eyesore.

My new kitchen
My new bathroom is awesome! I picked up an old oak wash table at an antique store. It's five feet tall and fits perfectly on my 5-foot side wall. I replaced the old plastic dump sink with a new porcelain vanity-top sink from Lowes. It's much easier to clean than the plastic bucket that I had.

My new bathroom
I even found an antique earth closet! With arm rests!

My new earth closet

No comments:

Post a Comment